Sustainable 9 Design + Build is seeking a Senior Marketing / Social Media / Sales Specialist to be based out of our Linden Hills, Minneapolis, MN office. We are looking for motivated individuals who are committed to helping our company design and build high-design, high-performance, luxury homes and workplaces within the Twin Cities metro area.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter on the form below detailing their experience.
About the Position
We attribute much of our success to the strength of our marketing efforts. To build on this momentum, we’re searching for a highly qualified Senior Marketing / Social Media / Sales Specialist to work closely with our management team. From day one, this individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company and client goals. The ideal candidate will have 4 to 10 years of prior experience with a wide range of sales and marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media – preferably with a focus in architecture, interior design, and/or in higher-end custom home new construction or the remodeling industry. Previous work with commercial design+build projects and/or in sales is also a plus. The Senior Marketing / Social Media / Sales Specialist must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Objectives of this Role
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy and overall marketing objectives
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video, blog posts, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Improve our web and social media presence and metrics, including implementing SEO and regular content posting and promotion
- Manage ongoing website redesign and optimization
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success
- Provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends
- Further knowledge and education regularly through workshops, research, and seminars, and share best practices, and local marketing ideas and tactics with the team
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content across different mediums
- Conduct research to analyze market trends, customer behavior, and competitive landscape, and prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Evaluate and establish the marketing plan and strategy by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts, setting objectives, planning and organizing promotional presentations
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to sales team, and provide instructions for use or promotion
- Plan and manage meetings, events, conferences, and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists
- Create and maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed, including all promotional materials for home tours and other events
- Continually seek and research new sources of prospective customer data, and provide recommendations to sales and marketing leadership
- Coordinate final photo and video shoots for all finished projects with our media vendors
- Coordinate with architecture, design and construction staff on implementing social media and content posts relating to their current projects
- Help in researching design and construction contests and completing award entries
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
- Proven experience in traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Experience with research using data analytics software
- Excellent copywriting, grammar, communication, editing (photo/video/text), and presentation skills
- Proficiency in all social media platforms and content posting tools, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Canva, Microsoft Office Suite
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- The ideal candidate should have 4-10 years of experience, to support the various project teams
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and design and email software
- Experience working with budgets and forecasting
- Previous sales experience or interaction with customers/decision makers.
- Knowledge and passion for sustainable architecture and building practices, green energy such as solar and geo-thermal technologies, and the environmental movement and political policies
Location of the position
Our office is located in the vibrant Linden Hills neighborhood of Southwest Minneapolis near the border with Edina:
3511 W 44th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
Occasional travel to job sites or vendor locations in the metro area will be expected.
About Sustainable 9 Design + Build
For the past 19 years within the Twin Cities community, we have prided ourselves on being visionary leaders in the fields of architecture, design and construction by continually implementing cutting edge technology and unique new products into our modern energy efficient homes, buildings, and workplaces. We live and breathe sustainability at our core. It’s a part of every project we tackle. While some projects feature more green features than others due to the goals or budget of a particular client and their own feelings on this matter, all of our projects meet several strict third-party green certifications. We continually strive to pursue the highest level of quality and energy efficiency in all of our projects while also providing an exceptional customer service experience to our clientele.
We are a close-knit, family owned company that was built on the belief that our employees are our family too and their passions, talents and ideas are our best assets. It’s those employees which we continually challenge to provide thought provoking and creative solutions to complex problems that help maintain our place as leaders within the design + build community. And by the way… We have A LOT OF FUN together. Daily. If you don’t like to have fun and laugh a lot, then don’t bother applying! We LOVE what we do for a living and we promise that you’ll have a blast working as part of our team. Our employees become part of our family and our clients truly become our close friends. So come on… join the family!