Sustainable 9 Design + Build is seeking a Construction Manager / Project Manager to be based out of our Linden Hills, Minneapolis, MN office. We are looking for motivated individuals who are committed to building high-design, high-performance, luxury homes and workplaces within the Twin Cities metro area.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably in higher-end custom home new construction and remodeling and/or with commercial projects. Project types include Single Family Residential New Construction & Remodeling Projects, Multi-Family construction and Retail, Restaurant, and Office Build-outs. Successful candidates will be responsible for work on multiple projects, collaborating with designers, and providing input on construction documentation and best practices.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter on the form below detailing their experience.
What you will do at our company:
- Manage job sites for both new construction and remodeling projects, coordinating site activities and assuring all disciplines directly involved in the project are in line with the project goals and objectives.
- Create schedules for construction crews and ensure all projects are fully staffed, utilizing BuilderTrend cloud-based construction management software.
- Manage budgets for each project, including supplies, materials, and labor.
- Oversee subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure certain green certifications are being met for homes being built, such as EnergySTAR, DOE Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH), EPA IndoorAirPLUS, PHIUS+
- Pursue continuing education in green building practices.
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements including documenting quality assurance.
- Maintain constant communication with clients during the project and through the construction closing process.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, building scientists, and other specialists as needed.
What we look for in our people:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in new construction and in a supervisory capacity, preferably higher-end custom home new construction and remodeling and/or commercial projects.
- Some experience with luxury remodeling projects is preferred.
- Working knowledge of green building practices is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a constant eye on quality and detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using BuilderTrend software, or similar project management software, Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Location of the position:
Our office is located in the vibrant Linden Hills neighborhood of Southwest Minneapolis near the border with Edina: 3511 W 44th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
Daily travel to job sites in the West and/or South Metro will be expected
About Sustainable 9 Design + Build
For the past 16 years within the Twin Cities community, we have prided ourselves on being visionary leaders in the fields of design and construction by continually implementing cutting edge technology and unique new products into our modern energy efficient homes, buildings, and workplaces. We continually strive to pursue the highest level of quality and energy efficiency in all of our projects while also providing an exceptional customer service experience to our clientele. We are a close-knit, family run company that was built on the belief that our employees are our family too and their passions, talents and ideas are our best assets. It’s those employees which we continually challenge to provide thought provoking and creative solutions to complex problems that help maintain our place as leaders within the design + build community.