Sustainable 9 Design + Build is seeking a Senior Design Manager / Interior Designer to be based out of our Linden Hills, Minneapolis office. We are looking for motivated individuals who are committed to high quality design and who are experienced in multiple phases of design. The ideal candidate should have 6-15 years of experience, to support the various project teams. Project types include Single Family Residential New Construction & Remodeling Projects, Multi-Family, Retail, Restaurant, and Office Build-outs. Successful candidates will be responsible for work on multiple projects, collaborating on design, guiding/producing construction documentation, product sourcing, preparing presentations and specifications including FF&E.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter below detailing their experience.
What you will do at our company:
- Leading a team of other Associate Design Managers and Interior Designers.
- Working in a team environment, always striving towards the common goal of a successful project.
- Concept development, Schematic development and Design development.
- Integrated role with project teams working with architects, and consultants.
- Technical plans and Construction documentation, utilizing Revit.
- An understanding of building and accessibility codes and guidelines.
- Assist in selection, research and specification of all Furniture, Fixtures, Equipment, and Finishes.
- Create and meet with clients for presentations and meetings.
- Problem solving independently and as part of a team.
- Work with junior staff to help guide/mentor/delegate.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Travel for on-site coordination meetings throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
What we look for in our people:
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from a college or university that is accredited by CIDA or an equivalent quality program.
- Work experience as an interior designer for a minimum of 6-15 years.
- Knowledge and/or experience and a strong commitment to selecting products that are environmentally friendly, sustainable, and/or sourced from recycled materials.
- Knowledge and/or experience with green building and healthy living trends.
- A background in producing modern and/or minimalistic designs for clients.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to work within a team and communicate to clients.
- Have skills in integrating 3-dimensional interior design with architectural elements.
- Collaborative Attitude.
- Experience in markets and building types listed above preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office applications, and preferred aptitude in Sketch-Up.
Location of the position:
Our office is located in the vibrant Linden Hills neighborhood of Southwest Minneapolis near the border with Edina: 3511 W 44th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410.
Occasional travel is to be expected to clients and/or job sites throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
About Sustainable 9 Design + Build
For the past 16 years within the Twin Cities community, we have prided ourselves on being visionary leaders in the fields of design and construction by continually implementing cutting edge technology and unique new products into our modern energy efficient homes, buildings, and workplaces. We continually strive to pursue the highest level of quality and energy efficiency in all of our projects while also providing an exceptional customer service experience to our clientele. We are a close-knit, family run company that was built on the belief that our employees are our family too and their passions, talents and ideas are our best assets. It’s those employees which we continually challenge to provide thought provoking and creative solutions to complex problems that help maintain our place as leaders within the design + build community.